Poetry Charity's mission is to bring awareness to the suffering of the homeless in hopes that we can end their suffering by finding ways to provide shelter or permanent housing for them all over the United States of America. And hopefully, all the countries in the world will follow suit! We are a 501 (c)(3) non-profit corporation governed by a board of directors.
Stay Safe, Please do not drive in any flood waters. God please protect the people and homes and bring about an evacuation for each and every person who is in harm's way in Jesus name! Give all those great favors who were affected by Hurricane Irma or Hurricane Harvey in Jesus name.
Quick List is here:
1. Fill a large zip lock baggie with candles, matches, lighter, flashlight, batteries, box cutter, bottle opener, fork & spoon, can opener and cell phone cords.
2. Fill a large zip lock baggie with Peanut butter, Tuna, Canned Re fried Beans, beef jerky, crackers, bread, apples, oranges, raisins.
3. Fill as many bottles as possible with drinking water and put them in a large zip lock baggie
4. Fill a large zip lock baggie with one change of clothes per person.
5. Put all of your zip lock baggies in a seal-able plastic bag to take with you.
6. Bunk anywhere you find dry land until you are rested. Head to the nearest shelter anywhere possible or to the nearest dry boat. Stay there until you are rescued.
The complete list is here:
Water (at least a gallon a day per person, for 3 to 7 days) Food (enough for at least 3 to 7 days) Non-perishable foods and juices Foods for infants and the elderly Snack foodsNon-electric can opener
Cooking tools and fuel
Paper plates and plastic utensils
Blankets and pillows
Clothing (Including rain gear and sturdy shoes)
First Aid Kit, medicines, and prescriptions
Toiletries and hygiene items
Special care items (for babies or the elderly)
Flashlight and batteries
Radio (Battery operated and NOAA weather radio)
Cash (Banks and ATMs may not be open or available)
Toys, books, and games
Important documents (Keep in a waterproof container)
Insurance, medical records, bank account numbers, social security cards, etc.